Wednesday, November 17, 2010

hot rolls


I found this recipe over at Oopsey-Daisy . I'm a sucker for homemade rolls and knew I'd have to try this recipe when I - 1. saw the picture and 2. saw that the recipe was easy. It's called Grandma Munns' Hot Rolls.

1 roll: 3-4 ww points

Combine 1 T. yeast and 1 tsp. sugar in 1/2 cup warm water. Let set.

Beat 2 eggs.
Add 5 T. sugar - beat.
Add 1/2 c. shortening - beat.
Add 1 T. salt - beat.
Add 1 c. warm water.
Add "some" flour. (About 1 cup.)
Add 1 c. warm water.
Add "more" flour. (About 1 cup.)
Add yeast mixture.
Add enough flour to make a soft dough. (About 4 cups.)

Put dough in refrigerator. Roll out 4 hours before eating. Brush dough with melted butter and roll out in desired shape. Great Grandma Munns rolled her hot rolls out like a jellyroll, cut it off, and put them in muffin tins. (This is my favorite way to make my rolls, too.)

Let rise for 4 hours. Bake at 400 for 11-12 minutes or until golden. Brush with melted butter while hot.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment