Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Aloha chicken

I found this recipe here at Smitten With My Kitchen. I met this sweet gal through church and when introduced to her blog I decided to give some of her yummy recipes a try! Go check out some of the delicious stuff she has posted over there! They're pretty simple and easy and use basic ingredients you usually have on hand.

I didn't calculate the WW points for this one. Although if I had to estimate I'd say it's about 4 points without the rice.

Here's one I tried called Aloha Chicken -


Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (I used 8 tenders)
1 cup ketchup
1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 large green pepper, chopped
¼ cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tsp ground mustard
1 can (8 oz) pineapple chunks, undrained
Cooked rice (I used brown)

Directions:

1. Spray inside of slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Cut chicken breasts in half. This will yield you 8 chicken pieces.
3. Place chicken in prepared slow cooker.
4. Combine remaining ingredients, except rice, and pour over chicken.
5. Cook on low for 5 hours. Serve over rice.

Yields: 8 servings

**Tips**
You can also bake this in the oven in a 9 x 13 casserole dish for 1 hour at 375 degrees.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment