Gale Gand (little sister gave to me from school)
3 Tbs. sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
3 ½ cups flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cinnamon
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1 Tbs. light corn syrup
2 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
2. To make the cookie dough, stir together the dry ingredients.
3. In a bowl cream the butter. Add the sugar and continue to mix, then add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
5. Chill dough 1 hour if it’s sticky or difficult to handle.
6. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
7. Roll balls of dough about the size of a walnut then roll them in the cinnamon and sugar to coat.
8. Place on an un-greased sheet pan about 2 ½ inches apart.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed up and the surface is slightly cracked.
10. Let cool on the sheet pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees.