Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Spinach Pasta Salad

I found this recipe over at Sweetpea Recipes - check out the original recipe here. After getting several comments from friends about how good this salad is I knew I had to try it. It was light and yummy and low in points. You could easily add some chicken and serve it as a main course.



1 cup = 3 WW Points

Ingredients:

8oz. penne pasta (I use Ronzoni Smart Taste to save on calories and points)
Feta cheese, crumbled (I used 1/4 cup)
1/2 bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used 10 slices of turkey bacon)
1 red pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
6-8 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
1 package baby spinach

Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
2 T. vinegar
salt and pepper

Directions:
Cook and crumble bacon. Saute onion and pepper while pasta is cooking. After the pasta and spinach are rinsed and drained toss them together with the bacon, onion, pepper, tomatoes, and cheese. Top with dressing and serve warm or cold.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment