Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pot Roast

The Perfect Pot Roast. It's a much loved thing around our house. However, I think it took about 4 years of trying and failing EVERY time I attempted to make it to finally find what now works perfect EVERY single time. Here are my secrets (learned from my momma of course):
1. I always buy a chuck roast. Others may work well too but I never stray from the chuck roast - when I can find them for $1.99 a pound I always stock the freezer.
2. Put it in a pot in the oven at 350 degrees and douse it with water and about 32oz. of beef broth. Enough to just cover the entire thing in liquid.
3. Cook it for a minimum of 4 hours. If it's still tough - COOK IT LONGER. Cook it until it falls apart. The longer the better.
4. About two hours till I'm ready to serve it I add the carrots, potatoes, and sometimes onions and mushrooms. Then I add 1 onion soup mix packet along with the veggies. If the roast isn't covered with liquid anymore I add more water so the veggies have enough to cook in.
About 2 Weight Watcher PointsPlus per ounce

That's it - Perfect every time!
ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment