Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Homemade Rolls

Homemade Rolls

Someone delivered a plate of these to us when we first moved here and as soon as I tried them I knew I had to have the recipe. They were the best rolls ever. When she told me they were from the ward cookbook I quickly found someone who had the cookbook and have made these ever since!

These are definitely one of my 'trigger foods' and when they're around I just want to eat ALL of them up! So now I bake a batch or two and then freeze them. Then when I want yummy homemade rolls with our dinner I can just pull out a few, let them thaw, and the warm them up in the microwave - they taste just like they came out of the oven - and even better there's only 1 for me to eat because the other hundred are rock solid frozen in the freezer!



Sister Lori Jones

(from our ward cookbook)

Ingredients:

1 Tbs. yeast

1 Tbs. sugar

½ cup sugar

½ cup water

¾ tsp. salt

3 eggs

4 - 4 ½ cups flour

Directions:

1. Mix 1 Tbs. yeast and 1 Tbs. sugar in ½ cup of warm water. Set aside.

2. Melt ½ cup butter with 1 cup milk. Let cool.

3. Mix ½ cup sugar with ¾ tsp. salt and 3 eggs.

4. Mix everything together.

5. Add 4 - 4 ½ cups flour.

6. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.

7. Flour and knead and then divide into 2 portions.

8. Roll out and cut like pizza slices. Roll into crescents (between 8-16 for each portion of dough).

9. Let rise 30 minutes.

Cooking Time:

Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for my Aunt Lori! I'm going to have to try these out! I also just saw your Gyro recipe, I love Gyros but like you, never attempted to make them, now that I have your recipe, I'll give it a go! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete