Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Salsa and Black Bean Chicken

Salsa and Black Bean ChickenRecipe from my sweetpea friend

I love meals that are easy and quick! Especially when I have a 5 month old attached to my hip most of the time. This is one that you just throw in and never have to worry about till you are ready for dinner. It has very few ingredients (which for me is always a plus) and still yummy when it comes to flavor!

Yields 16 - 1/4 cup servings
Each serving is a little under 1.5 weight watcher points

Ingredients:
2 - 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used 2 - 8oz pieces)
1 can of black beans
1 pint of fresh salsa

Directions:
1. Throw it all in the crock pot and cook all day on low or for a few hours on high.
2. Shred chicken and throw back in.
3. Serve by itself or on tortillas with desired toppings (sour cream, cheese, cilantro, green onions, etc.)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkin bowls are so cute! You have some good recipes on here. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete