Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar

My hubby's favorite treats include anything with chocolate and peanut butter. When we were planning our Super Bowl menu I decided I wanted to try a new dessert and one that would feed a crowd. I had been wanting to try something from my new favorite cooking blog The Girl Who Ate Everything and these definitely did not disappoint. I will for sure be making these again!


First set of ingredients:

1 pkg. plain yellow cake mix
1 stick melted butter
1 c. creamy peanut butter
2 eggs

Second set of ingredients:

1 (12 oz) pkg. chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 T. butter

2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:


1. Combine first set of ingredients and press into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 c. of the mixture to crumble on top.


2. Melt the second set on low heat in a small pot. Remove from heat and add 2 tsp. vanilla.


3. Spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan and then crumble the 1 1/2 of reserved cake mixture on top. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees.

4. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm sad I didn't try one at the party! I'll have to make these--I know Rick would love them.

    ReplyDelete