It was AWESOME! I was shocked at how good it was. It is by far now one of my absolute favorite soup recipes.
1 cup = 2 WW points. Yields 10 servings
1 - 32oz. package of frozen Southern Style hashbrowns (make sure they have 0 fat)
3 cans of fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 packet of McCormick's Original Country Gravy
1 cup skim milk
1 cup water
6 Tbls. of real bacon bits (in a bag - not the fake ones)
1. Spray soup pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat your pot and put in hashbrowns.
3. Brown them slightly, be sure not to burn.
4. Pour in 1 can of the chicken broth, scrape down the sides (it's okay if some of the hashbrown's had stuck).
5. Pour in the other 2 cans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
6. In a separate bowl whisk together the water and milk with the gravy mix.
7. Once the potatoes are soft and breaking down pour in the gravy mixture.
8. Mix in bacon bits and let cook till thick and creamy.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. It's perfect just the way it is but I sprinkled the hubby's with some cheese (green onions would be divine on top as well!)