Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Potato Soup

Last week at my Weight Watcher Meeting we were given two different potato soup recipes. I have to admit I have yet to try a WW recipe I've received from a meeting but this sounded good and simple to make - so this week I decided to give it a try.



It was AWESOME! I was shocked at how good it was. It is by far now one of my absolute favorite soup recipes.

1 cup = 2 WW points. Yields 10 servings

Ingredients:
1 - 32oz. package of frozen Southern Style hashbrowns (make sure they have 0 fat)
3 cans of fat free low sodium chicken broth
1 packet of McCormick's Original Country Gravy
1 cup skim milk
1 cup water
6 Tbls. of real bacon bits (in a bag - not the fake ones)

Directions:
1. Spray soup pot with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Heat your pot and put in hashbrowns.
3. Brown them slightly, be sure not to burn.
4. Pour in 1 can of the chicken broth, scrape down the sides (it's okay if some of the hashbrown's had stuck).
5. Pour in the other 2 cans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer.
6. In a separate bowl whisk together the water and milk with the gravy mix.
7. Once the potatoes are soft and breaking down pour in the gravy mixture.
8. Mix in bacon bits and let cook till thick and creamy.
9. Add salt to taste.
10. It's perfect just the way it is but I sprinkled the hubby's with some cheese (green onions would be divine on top as well!)

5 comments:

  1. Yay - I was hoping you would have a WW recipe on here . . . I need to lose 10 pds :) Printing off the recipe now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo yummy; besides ice cream it's the only thing getting me through the soreness of braces... Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this 2 weight watcher points plus points? Or the old counting system? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete