Saturday, December 5, 2009

Asparagus

Asparagus are BY FAR one of my most favorite vegetables to have at dinner! They are so healthy, delicious, and oh so easy to make!



I take one bunch of asparagus and trim off the bottoms. Then I toss them in a tad (like 1-2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil) then lay them on a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Then I cook them at about 400 until the desired firmness/softness is reached

1/2 the bunch (1-2 WW points)

I thought by getting the toddler involved would make her more prone to wanting to eat them - ha ha ha - no such luck - playing with them did however keep her entertained the entire time I was making dinner! I never knew vegetables could talk and have such elaborate interactions with one another - it was quite cute to watch :)

1 comment:

  1. I won't even begin to tell you what I finally resorted to to get mine to eat asparagus...but they eat one everytime now!

    ReplyDelete