Saturday, April 9, 2011

Roasted Green Beans

We love our fresh veggies over here. Green beans are on the hubbies top fav list. I guess I've never been too brave, or maybe just boring, or maybe I just have never really thought of trying to make them any other way than this...I boil them or steam them and add a little salt and pepper. That's it.


Then I ran across this blog - How Sweet it is . Great food blog. Go check it out! So I saw some green beans on there - and all she did was roast them! Nothing fancy...what I always do with my asparagus but had NEVER thought to do with green beans.


Well guess what? I will never make green beans another way AGAIN!!! The hubby and I were literally fighting over who got to eat them. I didn't want him to touch ANY of them :) I wanted EVERY SINGLE ONE for myself!!!

Weight Watchers - 0 Points Plus

Ingredients:
- 1 lb of green beans
- A spray of non-stick cooking spray
- Some salt and pepper

Directions:
1. Wash and cut ends of green beans.
2. Spray with non-stick spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes (flipping half way)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment