I got this recipe from my Mama and it sure is a favorite in our house - especially at this time of year. Pair it with a hot dog, grilled chicken, a hamburger, or pulled pork sandwich - it's a great side for almost ANYTHING!
Yields 20 - 1/2 cup servings. Each serving is 3 Weight Watcher Points.
- the original recipes calls for 4 cups of chopped broccoli (I use around 7-8)
- 1/2 - 3/4 chopped onion
- 12 strips of bacon fried and crumbled (I used the already cooked strips)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup mayo (I used light)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
1. Chop and mix all the salad ingredients.
2. Mix it with the dressing right before serving.
3. Serve/Store cold.