My friend Melissa has introduced me to some of my most favorite recipes. Here is one that pulls through as a holiday favorite year after year.
- 1 bag of pretzel rods (we often break the rods in half to make them smaller)
- 1 lb of melting chocolate (we prefer white)
- 1 lb of caramel (buy at a baking store/cake shop)
1. Rip off a piece of caramel and roll it between your hands like a snake.
2. Wrap the caramel around the pretzel rod.
3. Hold pretzels over sauce pan with melted chocolate in it and pour chocolate until the entire part with caramel is covered.
4. Lay on wax paper and coat with sprinkles or colored melting chocolate (or whatever else sounds good - toffee, nuts, etc.)
5. Stick in refrigerator to cool and harden.