I've been trying to include a couple of new recipes into our monthly menu planning. I love Hungry Girl and have been trying out a few of her recipes lately. Here's the latest one - buffalo chicken pizza. It certainly didn't fulfill my pizza craving but it was still a yummy dish. My hubby loves anything spicy - especially if it includes hot sauce - so this one was a keeper in his book!
1 entire pita pizza - 6 Weight Weight Point Plus Points
This recipe is for 1 serving:
1 high-fiber or whole-wheat pita
1/2 tsp. dry ranch dressing/dip mix
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
2 oz. cooked and chopped skinless lean chicken breast
1 tsp. Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
1 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
1 tbsp. chopped scallions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place pita on the sheet and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine ranch mix with cheese wedge and mix. Spread evenly onto the pita.
4. In another small bowl, toss chicken with hot sauce. Scatter chicken over the ranchy cheese layer, and sprinkle evenly with Parm-style topping.
5. Bake in the oven until hot and toasty, 10 - 12 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with scallions, slice into quarters and, if you like, top with a little extra hot sauce.