Monday, March 7, 2011

Granola Mix

Jedda at This Little Project posted this yummy recipe and although I had never make granola before I decided to give it a try. My cute little hubby is trying to put on some muscle and so is always looking for "healthier" things to snack on that may also have more calories to help put on weight. Well I shouldn't have made this and left it in the house because I'm gonna be the one putting on the pounds - I can never keep my hands off of it!!!


Ingredients:

2 cups oats
3/4 cup puffed rice cereal
3/4 cup sunflower seeds (salted, roasted)
1 cup crushed peanuts
1 cup raisins or craisins (or 1/2 of each)
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
4 Tbsp. butter
2 tsp vanilla extract

I also just added whatever I had on time. Sometimes I put in some M&Ms or walnut/pecans, etc.

Directions:

Go to her site to see how to make yummy bars. This is what I did...

1. Mix all the dry ingredients.

2. In a medium saucepan boil the sugar, honey, butter, and vanilla.

3. Mix it all together.

4. Bake it in a 400 degree oven on either a cookie sheet or 9x13 pan. for about 10 minutes.

5. Let it cool and crumble into bite size granola pieces.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment