Monday, March 1, 2010

Alice Springs Chicken

I'm a chicken kind of girl. Even when we go to places with oh so yummy steak I still prefer chicken. At Outback they have a menu item called Alice Springs Chicken. It is chicken with mustard, mushrooms, cheese, and bacon - sound delicious? It is!

It's so yummy I tried my hand at it at home and it turned out quite well. The picture is somewhat unappealing but trust me - you won't be disappointed if you give it a try!


Each chicken tender with the toppings is 3 WW points! Not too bad if I say so myself :)

Ingredients:
- chicken (I use the tenders - approximately 2 oz.)
- mustard (I use spicy brown mustard)
- fresh mushrooms (I use one package of the already sliced ones)
- cheese (for mine I used 1 slice of WW cheese for everyone else's I used shredded cheddar)
- bacon bits (I use the real kind that comes in a bag - they're soft and only 25 calories for 1 TBS)

Directions:
1. Brush both sides of chicken tenders with spicy brown mustard.
2. Bake in oven at 350 until cooked through.
3. While the chicken is cooking saute the mushrooms in a pan lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. When the chicken is done move it to a cookie sheet, top with mushrooms, cheese, and lightly sprinkle with bacon.
5. Pop it back in the oven until the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment