Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Pizza Sauce

On Valentine's Day we had a day of hearts! After seeing this over at brown paper packages I decided to make some heart pizzas for dinner that night.



I used a tube of pizza dough from the grocery store that I just rolled out and cut using heart cookie cutters. Then I topped it with pizza sauce, cheese, and baked it until the dough was done.

I had never made pizza sauce before and found out it was really quite easy and ended up being really yummy.


I searched allrecipes.com for different recipes and they all were pretty similar.

Here's what I ended up doing:

- 1 can (8oz.) of tomato sauce (next time I will also add in tomato paste to make it a thicker consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic

Mix together and let it sit - the longer the better!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment