Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pot Pie

I love pot pie but had never attempted making my own until I saw this recipe over at SweetPea Recipes. Here is the recipe with my alterations in italics.


Although this seams like a somewhat healthy recipe I was shocked when I figured out the points. For an 1/8 of the pie it was 9 points. The crust is what kills it. So I ate 1/2 a serving or could just eat part of the crust (even though that is always the best part!)

Ingredients:
- 1 double pie crust (I used the off brand and it turned out delish)
- 2 cans Cream of Potato soup
- 1 c. frozen mixed vegetables (I used at entire small bag)
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I used 2 cups of leftover shredded turkey from Thanksgiving that had been in my freezer)
- thyme
- sage
- salt & pepper

Directions:
1. Mix the last everything together.
2. Press bottom crust into pie pan.
3. Put the filling in.
4. Top with other crust and seal the edges.
5. Cut slits into the top of the crust.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Cover crust edges with aluminum foil for first 20-25 minutes, then remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment